Publication date: 20 Jun 2023
On 20 June 2023, Luna, the new mobile browser, went live in a test mode. It is a Russian-made alternative product designed for secure Internet access. In addition to search, financial services will be provided through the browser: access to online shopping, loyalty programs and bank offers.
Features of Luna mobile browser
- It is developed by Innovative Development (founders are “Multibonus” LLC, Post Bank). In 2022, the profit was negative (107 thousand roubles).
- Search queries redirect the user to Yandex or Google (depending on specified preferences).
- TLS-certificate support by MinTsifry allows access only to verified and approved sites (marked in green). In this way the user will be able to automatically block phishing, fraudulent or malicious websites.
- Ad blocking in Anti-advertising mode, based on public and developer-owned lists of advertising addresses.
- Blocking of shocking content and ‘+18’ content in search results.
- Filter of cross-trackers collecting user information from different resources. Automatic blocking of dangerous cookies based on a list of rules.
- Incognito mode is available for users.
- Luna supports Face ID and Touch ID for accessing financial services.
- The operating system is iOS (currently the app is only available in the AppStore), development for Android is planned for the future.
- The launch date is the end of 2023. At this moment, the product is in open beta-testing with limited functionality.
- There are also plans to introduce extensions that improve the user experience. For example, an address book and push notifications.
- The Moon app is presently available to download for free.
Share it with your friends via favorite social media