Publication date: 14 Apr 2022
The sports betting market in Russia could change significantly in the near future. Following the events of late February 2022, several brands have suspended their operations completely and frozen players’ accounts, some have undergone rebranding and continued to operate on new sites, while others have changed their bonus program. What other difficulties may await the Russian betting market in the near future?
Which bookmakers have left Russia?
Gone, but promised to return.
On 26 March, the bookmaker Parimatch officially left the Russian market. A complete ban on the use of the software, the brand and any promotional material was announced. However, all players’ accounts with balance saved have been transferred to the new site, which operates under the Paribet brand.
Earlier, the bookmaker Pin-Up did the same – after some time it was launched on the Russian market under the brand name Ivanbet. At the same time, the style of the site has changed: instead of the section “eSports” appeared “Cyber athlete”, information about the bookmaker is contained in the section “About us, the good ones”, and you can get help by mail [email protected] (partners can write directly to [email protected]). The bookmaker actively attracts new players and has kept the welcome bonus – up to 30,000 roubles. Bookmaker GG.bet has completely suspended its operations in Russia since 31 March. Bets were accepted until 30 March, players were given time to withdraw funds from their accounts in full. At the moment, the site is closed, all questions can be addressed to [email protected].
One of the first betting brands to leave Russia was bet365, one of the most famous global betting brands. The company has been in the world market since 1974 but it only entered the Russian market a year ago – in March 2021. The company’s representatives have said that they are not completely leaving the Russian market, but they do not know the return date yet.
Which bookmakers have stopped operating in Belarus?
- Georgian bookmaker Europebet has announced that it has suspended registration of new users and blocked funding of accounts for previously registered customers in the Republic of Belarus.
- Ukrainian company Favbet has left the Belarusian legal market.
What changes can be expected on Russian bookmakers’ websites?
- Changes in bonus programs to attract new players and motivate regular customers. This is due to the fact that all privilege programs were sponsored by the BC’s profits, which may decrease in the near future.
- Video streaming providers may leave Russia and, consequently, broadcasts of important European and US events, NHL and tennis tournaments may disappear from bookmakers’ websites.
- Some bookmakers buy lines for matches from exterior resources, which will become unavailable to Russian companies.
- In this case betting companies will have to either just copy competitors’ lines, or use their own experts. Because of the fact that many big players have left the Russian market, it will be easier to get new players. This will lead to less competition and possibly lower quality of service and marketing costs.
It is possible that in the near future players from Russia will face lack of the usual bonuses and promotions, decreased odds level, worsened quality and quantity of usual services (support service, speed of payment transactions, speed of betting calculation).
But all these difficulties are temporary! The most powerful brands are making the most of the situation, activating all advertising and marketing opportunities to attract players to their sites.
There are now more than a dozen well-known bookmakers’ offices left to operate in Russia and Belarus.
- The 3SNET network has prepared offers from bookmakers who are happy to receive traffic from Russia and are willing to pay good money for it!
For example, betting company 1xStavka immediately joined the fight for new players and found a new advertising market. The company became a partner of the Russian Drift Series (RDS). The parties entered into a formal multi-year deal. Thus, betting company 1xStavka became an official partner of the organization, which holds one of the biggest drifting events on the planet. And Winline betting company in April 2022 became an official partner of the famous UFC mixed martial arts promotion in Russia and the CIS countries. And free broadcasts are still available in the Winline app!
It will only get better in the future! Follow the news on 3SNET.info website and Telegram!
Share it with your friends via favorite social media