Publication date: 06 Mar 2023
The state organization Dirección General de Ordenación del Juego (DGOJ) is responsible for licensing and control over the gambling sector in Spain.
The official website is http://www.ordenacionjuego.es/es/
The list of online companies which are legal in Spain can be found in our “Gambling operators” section. As well as the links to some legal websites for those who are interested in gambling.
- This might be useful: How to send traffic to gambling sites in Spain?
Requirements for licence application
- A Public Limited Company under the Spanish jurisdiction;
- A company registered in the European Union.
Types of licences in Spain
- Licencias generales (the General Licence) – valid through ten years; certifies the right to organize a gambling company;
- Licencias singulars (the Singular Licence) – allows the service of a single gambling activity (bingo, blackjack, slot, poker). Valid through 3 – 10 years.
To operate an online gambling venture, it is obligatory to obtain both General and Singular Licence.
Spanish Gambling Licence: entrepreneur’s expenditures list
- 10,000 euros for each licence;
- 2,500 euros for the procedure of licence registration;
- 38,000 euros for technical examination and certification.
Since 2018, it has been obligatory for the licensees to deposit 2 million euros as a guarantee. This amount decreases in two years.
Running an online gambling venture requires both the General and the Singular license.
Online operators will be fined for breaking the rules; for instance, they might be made to pay 50 million euros for doing business without a licence.
Share it with your friends via favorite social media