Publication date: 06 Mar 2023
Since 2017, all operators offering online gambling in Australia must be licensed.
- Learn more about the situation in the country: Online betting and casinos in Australia: there is a choice!
As of summer 2021, only some Australian provinces have developed a licensing procedure for online sports betting:
- Australian Capital Territory issues Licenses Bookmaking online;
- Northern Territory – Online gaming and wagering;
- Queensland – Interactive gambling license;
- Tasmania – Tasmanian Gaming License.
- How to get a gambling license in Australia?
Because of the variety of regulatory bodies in Australia, the requirements for obtaining an online gaming license are also very different. However, there are some basic items that are required to complete the paperwork for the gaming organization.
- Providing complete financial statements.
- Managers and employees of the company must prove their identity and provide fingerprints.
- Hire staff with appropriate licenses and qualifications.
- The operator is obliged to collect and store players’ personal data.
- Conduct their activities strictly in accordance with existing legislation, including not to advertise online gambling in Australia.
- Take all measures to combat money laundering.
- Pay all application fees.
The review process can take up to 12 months and require additional documents upon request.
Share it with your friends via favorite social media