Publication date: 06 Mar 2023
The Tax and Customs Department of the Ministry of Finance is the authority that issues the license to give the right to organize gambling in Estonia.
- All companies that have already obtained a license and can legally operate on the territory of the state are included in the regularly updated list of official gambling organizers.
- The department website also has a special list of blocked sites.
All the details of obtaining and revoking a gambling license are described in the Estonian Gambling Act. All sites that work legally offering their services to people of Estonia are located in the domain zone .ee or .com. The interface must be in Estonian.
- This will help you in your work: How to get traffic to gambling in Estonia?
Gambling qualification in Estonia:
- Games for luck are divided into “casino”, “Internet”, “on the courts” (slots and table games)
- The sweepstake
- Skill games that require special knowledge and a certain level of skill (poker, card games).
A special license is required for each type of activity. The licenses do not expire. Requirements for licensees:
- It is obligatory to be a “clean legal entity”, that is, not to have a criminal record and facts of organizing illegal gambling activities
- the authorized capital for the casino is €1,000,000, for skill games – 25,000 euros
- payment of a one-time state fee and payment for obtaining a permit — €51,200.
It is desirable to have an office (branch) in the country. Most violations will impose a fine of up to 2,600 euros (for legal entities).
Share it with your friends via favorite social media